Odense Host Programme
Mentor programme connecting highly qualified mentees with local mentors
Nikolaj Knude Hansen, Aleksandra Natalia Jensen, Programme Coordinators
Odense Host Programme is a host programme which matches international newcomers with a local volunteer host who speaks Danish and knows the local community and job market. Meetings with a host will help you get a good start on your life in Odense.
Odense Host Programme offers two types of mentors: A career mentor and a cultural/social mentor.
A career mentor will help you enter the local job market. The mentor is handpicked according to your profile and needs. Typical career mentor activities are:
- Feedback on CV and applications
- Advice on job search strategy
- Discussing your career ambitions
- Opening up his/her network to you
- Showing you around on his/her workplace
A culture mentor will help you enter the Danish city life socially and culturally. The mentor is handpicked according to your interests and needs. Typical culture mentor activities are:
- Help you find and use the city services, such as libraries, parks and museums
- Help you become familiar with Odense
- Help you expand your social network
- Or simply sharing a cup of coffee
You will be matched for a period of six months where you will meet at least six times. The programme is free of charge.