Odense Host Programme
A mentor programme connecting highly qualified internationals with local mentors
Nikolaj Knude Hansen, Aleksandra Natalia Jensen, Programme Coordinators
Odense Host Programme is a mentor programme which matches international newcomers with a local volunteer mentor who knows the local community and job market. Meetings with a mentor will help you get a good start on your life in Odense.
Odense Host Programme offers two types of mentors: A career mentor and a cultural/social mentor.
A career mentor will support you in your job search and help you get to know the local job market. The mentor is hand-picked according to your profile and needs.
Typical career mentor activities are:
- Feedback on CV and cover letters
- Advice on how to improve your job search strategy
- Discussing and sometimes adjusting your career ambitions
- Identification of your possibilities in the local job market
A culture mentor will introduce you to the Danish way of life and help you get to know Odense, socially and culturally. The mentor is hand-picked according to your interests and needs.
Typical culture mentor activities are:
- Help you find and use the city services, such as libraries, parks and museums
- Help you become familiar with Odense and identify the activities that interest you
- Help you expand your social network
- Sharing a cup of coffee while practicing you Danish (if you wish)
You will be matched for a period of six months where you will meet at least six times. The programme is free of charge.