Spring til indhold

Tax registration

How to register with the tax authorities and receive your tax card.

Tax registration

When you move to Denmark to work and/or live, you must register with the tax authorities. You may be required to pay tax on your income even if your income is from abroad. When working in Denmark, you are responsible for paying taxes on your income. The exact amount is calculated on the basis of your income as well as the tax deductions and allowances to which you are entitled.


When you have registered with the Danish Tax Agency (Skattestyrelsen), your Danish employer will inform the Danish Tax Agency directly of your income in Denmark. If you have income from abroad, you must inform the Danish Tax Agency of that income yourself.

Applying for a tax card

You can apply for a tax card online or at International Citizen Service. Make sure to bring along the following documents:
  • Your passport/foreign ID card
  • Work contract/information about your salary, including your pension
  • Work permit if you are a citizen from outside the EU, Switzerland, or the Nordic countries

You will also need to fill out Form 04.063. You can receive help with the form at International Citizen Service.
Please see website of the Danish Tax Agency for more information.


Good to know

Find information about the Danish tax system and different procedures in English, German, Lithuanian, Polish and Romanian on the Danish tax website.


International Community Odense
  • Skulkenborg 1, ground floor
  • 5000 Odense C
  • internationalcommunity@odense.dk
  • +45 2910 6276 / +45 5116 5018
Link til forside