The cost of living in Denmark is generally quite high and a family household normally consists of two incomes. Your cost of living will, of course, vary depending on your lifestyle and the size of your household.
Odense is generally less expensive to live in than either Copenhagen or Aarhus, as rent is typically lower.
Below are some examples of typical prices.
- Bicycle: 3 000-6 000 DKK
- Second-hand bicycle: 500-1 500 DKK
- Cinema ticket: 85 DKK
- Eating out: 200-500 DKK
- Coffee at a café: 30-45 DKK
- Beer or soft drink at a café: 30-50 DKK
- Fast food meal: 60-80 DKK
- Litre of milk at the supermarket: 5-11 DKK
- 500g of pasta at the supermarket: 6-10 DKK
Take a look at Expatistan's list of prices in Odense for more examples.